An estimated 10% of the United States horse population suffers from sweet itch. When your horse is one of them, summer can become a real pain.
COAT DEFENSE® is here to change that.
Signs of sweet itch usually appear 48-72 hours after being bitten, symptoms include…
Inflamed and red skin
Rubbing that causes hair loss, and crusty, weeping sores
Restlessness from chronic itch that causes weight loss and anxiousness
Recommended prevention routines include…
• Limited turnout
• Avoiding pasture time during dusk and dawn
• Use fly sheets and fly sprays
• Antihistamines or corticosteroids as needed
How does COAT DEFENSE® help ALLEVIATE
sweet itch before it sets in?
• COAT DEFENSE® daily PREVENTATIVE POWDER can be used just as it states, daily, to reduce the severity of the allergic reaction, calming the reaction of the bites, so they don’t become as inflamed, while keeping rashes and hives minimal, all while providing a healthy environment that still allows skin to breathe and create natural oils
• COAT DEFENSE® TROUBLE SPOT DRYING PASTE can be smeared on sensitive, bite prone areas to provide a BARRIER bugs can’t penetrate, along the belly line, under the jaw, and other trouble spots
How does COAT DEFENSE® work to RELIEVE
the symptoms of existing sweet itch?
COAT DEFENSE® daily PREVENTATIVE POWDER can be sprinkled all over on to help calm and relieve compromised skin and provide relief to areas
By creating a “scab” over weeping sores and welts, COAT DEFENSE® TROUBLE SPOT DRYING PASTE protects the raw sweet itch sores from external agents or bugs, all while drawing out the toxins from insect salvia, reducing swelling while soothing itchiness and pain, and allowing skin cells to repair themselves faster and without interference
COAT DEFENSE® isn’t just for horses, it’s for people too…
“The biting gnats, and midges seem to irritate their legs and also start gnawing in their under belly. The powder works great for this! ”
— Michael Clark